Monday, November 27, 2006

1501ART - Tutorial Task Six

Photoshop and mobile telephone cameras (part 2)

Today for the tutorial task we are to complete Part 2 of the Photoshop Task from last week. We will take a number of photos with our mobile phone camera like last week. The first part of this task is to take some basic photos and modify them in Photoshop in some way, to enhance or improve the photographs so that they communicate the particular idea of theme. I dont have photoshop on my computer but I do have Paint Shop Pro 7.


The themes for today's task are:

  • Friends
  • High-tech
  • News
  • Summer
  • Games
  • Successful
  • Celebrity
After we have taken each photo we must add them to our weblog and then write a short summary for each photo explaining why we believe the picture represents or communicates that particular theme or idea. We then have to explain why we modified the photo in the manner that we did, including the source of the photo, such as the model of phone/camera we used to take the picture with as a reference for the kind of quality of the pictures.


Friends: Me and my boyfriend Matt
This photo was taken on my phone, and was altered by inverting colours on paint shop pro. I am using this photo under friends because me and Matt are best friends as well as boyfriend and girlfriend.










High Tech: Insides of a computer
I cheated this photo and googled it :S. It was hard to find something else hightech. This photo was of the inside of a computer, wires and crazy stuff, but I altered it using a tool called "fur" . Its pretty self explanitory. It makes the image look furry. Kind of cute hey?








News: Uni Noticeboard
Again I used a previous photo for news. I am using the photo I took of the uni noticboard. The noticeboards are put in place to inform people about current news within the uni and outside aswell. I used the effect Buttonise to alter this image.








Summer: Flowers and Umbrella
This is same photo I used for the first part of this task. It was taken here at uni, and portrays summer because of the brightness of the sun hitting the plants and umbrella. I altered it by adding a left hand side border of another picture I took. It is a close up of the flowers on the bush. The top image of the flower has been enhanced a few times. I just wanted to fiddle with the settings abit








Games: Playstation Game Control
As we were talking about Virtual reality and video games, I decided to take a picture of a Playstation Game controller. The picture quality was pretty bad, but with the altering of the image, it looks fine. I used the Geometric Effect called Curly O's.













Successful: Trophies
I took this photo of trophies to portray success. Having many trophies means that you have suceeded in many things. To alter this image I used the effects called Pencil Colour and Page Turn.






Celebrity: Nikki and Paris Hilton
Im not sure what these two girls actually do. I dont know what makes them famous celebrities, but they are, and I like them so I am using them as my celebrities. I used a 3d effect called butonnize to create this altered image. It gives the image a classy and rustic look.

















No comments: