Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Random Blog

Hey peoples.

Unfortunately I am not coming to the lecture and tutorial today. I have awful stomach pains and need some rest. Anywho I am at my boyfriends house today, and we are making sushi for lunch. Im probably not going to eat anything though, I am too sick :(:(.

Anyway, I noticed that for the asssessment of this course, we should add blog entries about some books or websites we have discovered, so I am going to write about the book I am reading. Its called "Saving Francesca" and its by the same women who wrote "looking for alibrandi". Its a pretty good book, but when Im reading it, the type of story it is kind of makes me feel like I am reading it for a grade 10 book report. Its about a 16 year old girl called Francesca, who comes from an ethnic backround (like Josie Alibrandi in Looking for Alibrandi). Aswell as dealing with the battles of multiculturalism, she has to deal with the trauma of changing schools, and cope with her once stable mother who now has depression. As I said, its a good book, but its a book that I would have been interested in about 3 years ago in grade 10. The genres and discourses the book has such as school life, friends, boys, and growing up would be more suited to young people who are dealing with the same thing. I am out of school now, and these genres and discourses dont interest me. AnywayI guess reading this book is a good way to pass some time. I should get into some really good books like The Da Vinci Code or something like that.

Ok update on lunch. Matt is making the sushi and cleaning up as he goes. He filled the the sink with too much soap and the sink is so bubbly (he so did it on purpose) so we just had a huge bubble fight including his little puppy "mikito". It ended up with the complete drenching of me, including me copping a watercan and bucket full of water over my head. Mikito started eating the bubbles on the grass so we decided to stop, and now is back to the sushi making. This is Mikito, hes a little Tibetan Spaniel. He is really cute but hes a pain in the ass lol.
Ok time to do some work now
Peace Out peoples oxox

2 comments:

***eRiNaTiOn*** said...

Hi Ema...Your BF puppy is so cute :) How did he get his name? I've been sick so far this week..kast weekend was all partying and i think i got alcohol or food poisoning..pretty unpleasant last few days but will be back tomorrow..Erin

EmA_LeIgH said...

Hey I only just read this comment, i didnt even realise people could comment hey lol. His sister names him. MIKITO means Prince in Japanese I think hehe